Friday, June 30, 2017

Do Not Worry

Earlier this week I shared that one of my sorority sisters is in a nursing home being treated for cancer. We are sending her a card a day to encourage her. Here is another verse I chose along with more papers from the retired CTMH Free to Be Me paper pack. If you're not able to read the encouragement sentiment, it says, "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:34." I had opportunity to practice this verse last night when our area was plagued with severe weather. It took a lot of trust during the night to sleep and feel safe, acknowledging that God's loving care surrounded me.

This design comes from the PTI stamp set, A Cheerful Heart. It fit well on an oval die cut framed by the Spellbinders Lacey Ovales die cut. I made three versions of this card as I tried to use all the paper pieces. This first one is my favorite.


It has three shiny Florence sequins and twine from my stash. The yellow Prima butterfly sets it off. The next one has some retired CTMH flowers (stacked with a blue Petalloo flower) and butterfly. The black enamel dots are CTMH.




The inside verse for all three cards is a Hero Arts stamp set from Simon Says Stamp.


I'm sharing the first card with the following challenges:
Deep Ocean Challenge #158 - Lots of layers - I have 5 including the base on first card
Little Red Wagon Challenge #400 -  three of something (blue sequins)
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - anything goes
Southern Girls Challenge #163 - ribbon or twine
Word Art Wednesday #288-289 - anything goes


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Vicki, What a sweet thing to do for your friend. She must feel so treasured to receive such beautiful cards from you. You chose the perfect sentiments as well. Thank you so much for sharing your art with us at Word Art Wednesday!
Blessings to you,
Misty :)

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Vickie & it's just perfect for your dear friend.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx

Kate said...

Your cards are all beautiful! The verse is such a lovely reminder for your friend.

Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon this week!

Kate
Small Bits of Paper

Jo Ann said...

Gorgeous card with great sentiment. Thanks for joining our previous challenge here at WORD ART WEDNESDAY. We hope you will join us again in our current challenge soon. Leaving you with the inspiration found in Philippians 4:13 which says: "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

Stunning cards! I love the colour palette. Thanks for joining us at Southern Girl's Challenge :)