Sunday, August 7, 2016

Mojo Monday #459 Happy Wishes Card

I turned over my August page on my birthday/anniversary calendar and was surprised to see how many of my friends have one of those occasions this month. I just finished a week of three birthday parties that weren't on the calendar and need to be added.  I need 11 cards, not counting the encouragement ones I'll need for those in our church. I recently found the blog of Pamela KuhnShelter: Postmarked. She is such an inspiration with her daily challenge to send cards of encouragement to someone every day. Her daybook is also a beautiful collection of uplifting thoughts.
This card is the result of playing with papers, flower, and stamps on my desktop that I hadn't put away yet. They were just the right size for the Mojo Monday sketch this past week:

I stamped several flower silhouettes (retired CTMH "Treasure Life") on the Theresa Collins script paper. I added the gold polka dots from the same paper pad and added them to the Paper Studio's Simple Elegance black flourish card background. All of the cardstock was CTMH. The sentiment is part of a large set of acrylic stamps that came with my new CTMH Cricut Flower Market cartridge.
There were still enough scraps to make a second card:



Thanks for visiting! May God bless you as you create your own artwork to encourage others!

I'm sharing this with the following challenges:

Mojo Monday #459 sketch
Word Art Wednesday #242-243- anything family friendly

1 comment:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

These are all so beautiful, Vickie! Thanks for joining us for Mojo Monday!