Saturday, July 2, 2016

Mojo Monday 454 Pineapple Card for a Sweet Friend

I needed a card for a friend I've known for 50 years. It's amazing to talk with someone you only see once every few years and it still seems like just yesterday. She and I were both teachers and share some of the same rare physical ailments. I wanted to send her a note to let her know I'm thinking of her and praying for her health.


This week's sketch at Mojo Monday and the fun summer Calypso papers inspired this card.





The pineapple was cut using Cricut Artistry. The yellow circle was made using a Spellbinder's Teardrop Circles die, which reminded me of a slice of pineapple. The sentiment came from a stamp set called So Many Smiles.


Thanks for looking! May God bless you with special friendships that last a lifetime.


I'm sharing this project with the following challenges;
Crafty Calendar July Challenge - punches and/or dies
Crafty Girls Creations - anything goes
Mojo Monday #454 - sketch
Simply Papercraft #32 - anything goes
Southern Girls #137 - anything goes



3 comments:

Chris said...

Your friend will be delighted to receive this fab & cheerful card! Love how the backing papers match the pineapple!. Thanks for playing along with the Southern Girls.
Chris
x

Sarah said...

I LOOOOOOVEEEE pineapples!! Fab papers and die-cut! Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls Challenge :)

Katrina Bufton said...

A fabulous card, everything co-ordinates perfectly. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Calendar Challenge, don't forget you must be a follower to be eligible for prizes.
Katrina x