Friday, July 1, 2016

July Stamp of the Month Blog Hop - From the Notebook





Welcome to the July Stamp of the Month Blog Hop featured by 18 Close To My Heart consultants.  If you just came from Jennifer Dykstra's blog, you're in the right place.  If you lose a link along the way, you can find the entire list at this blog by Melinda Everitt.

As shown on the image above this collection of the stamps is perfect for the front of a mini-album. They would be great on scrapbook pages, too. I chose to play with the images to make three cards. This first one has an "office" feel to it. I used Kraft cardstock for the base and the striped paper from the Magical paper pack. I used 10 of the images from the stamp set and Cricut cuts using Artistry.





I decided to simply play with the chevron/arrow stamp to make a card celebrating an achievement. I used a vertical stripe embossing folder by turning my white paper at an angle in the folder. The inks are cranberry, sapphire, and honey.  The fun sapphire sequins are part of a set that matches the Magical papers. The Red Shimmer Trim  and silver glitter paper were added for some bling!


My third card was simply my way of using the stamps to make a more simple, feminine card that doesn't look like what you'd expect.  It's simply embellished with black shimmer trim and one black and white striped sequin to help with the contrast.  I embossed the kraft cardstock with a 5" x 7" floral embossing folder.  


Thanks for visiting! Now you're ready to move on to Kristen Jade's wonderful artwork!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

All great projects- I especially love the stripy embossed card!

Cat Nowak said...

I love all of your cards! I like how you paired the Kraft paper with the Magical for the first and I really love those chevrons.