Tuesday, March 1, 2016

March SOTM Blog Hop - Sunshine Birdies



Welcome to our March Stamp of the Month Blog Hop. If you just came from Dana Kessler's blog, you're on the right path.  If you need to see the entire list you an find it on Melinda's blog here.
We used the stamp set, Sunshine Birdies. This stamp is only available in the month of March. It's just perfect for spring!


This was such a fun stamp set to play with. I made all of my cards using the Penelope paper pack. My first card uses a Cricut frame with three windows since the stamp set has three different birds. I embossed the green background with the Vine embossing folder.






The last two cards also have Cricut cuts from Artbooking.  I used fussy cutting on the images of the first and made the second so that the detailed images didn’t need to be cut out.

On the first, the heart banner came from p.61 cut at 5.5 in.   I used the word “happy” from the stamp set by placing scotch tape over the other words while I inked, pulling it off before I stamped the word. Then I added the tiny word “birthday” from C1605, Happy  to be Friends. 
I discovered that the sun in the stamp set matched the number of rays as the Cricut sun on p. 53 when cut at 3 3/8 in. I stamped it on the Penelope yellow striped paper and colored and cut the center out to pop dot over the image I stamped on the die cut sun.
Thanks for visiting!

Now you're ready to go on to Gina's blog








10 comments:

Kirsten Desorcy said...

Amazing cards! Love them! So adorable. Especially the first one!

Gina Brandstetter said...

Wow!! What an adorable card! Love the singing birds!

Kathy Burrows said...

Great cards! Love all the cut outs.

Unknown said...

Wow - you put a lot of work into those cards! They are stunning - especially love the frames!

Unknown said...

Your cards are stunning! I never would have thought to use the branches as trees! Great idea!!

Paige Dolecki said...

Great use of Cricut cuts to really make your cards POP! I love the banner heart cut out card!

Jeanie B said...

Oh my gosh! These cards are so cute. Love the cricut cuts.

Helen Gullett said...

Wow... They all are cute and sweet!

Cat Nowak said...

Love all of your cards but embossing the pattern paper is a fantastic idea!!!

Brenda Lapp said...

Wonderful cards. I love the little details you added to each and your clever use of the Artbooking cartridge.