Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Sangria Thanksgiving Layouts

A few years ago I decided to stop putting duplicate holiday layouts in the albums of each of my eight grandchildren. Instead I started specific holiday albums. I take the albums to our family dinners for everyone to enjoy. My hope is that they will continue to get together over the years, even after I'm gone, and can enjoy looking back at their holiday celebrations. In this album I want each family member to be thankful for blessings God has given us, for our special times together, and to celebrate each family member and the love we share.

I made four layouts using the Sangria paper pack in the Workshops on the Go. Here are two of the quick layouts I made up myself using 4" x 6" photos and clusters of the Sangria complements. Because the complement pieces are small, I lay different groupings of them in strategic places on the layout, usually in a visual triangle. When I find a grouping I like, I adhere some and overlap and pop dot others.


The title mat was cut using the negative spaces of the alphabet on the new Cricut Artistry cartridge and the Explore, which allowed me to move it over to the right so I'd have room for the complements. Here's a closer look at the way I clustered the complements:



I'm never caught up scrapbooking (I take too many photos!) but I'm working on previous Thanksgiving photos right now so I can take our album to our Thanksgiving dinner next week. I've started adding flip flaps over the tops of page protectors so I can add many more photos to one layout. The page protectors and flip flaps tend to produce glare so these photos of the pages were taken before I slippped them into protectors.

Here is the other Sangria Thanksgiving layout.  I cut the title in two colors, using Cricut Artbooking. They were cut the same size then slightly overlapped off-center.






Thanks for visiting. I hope this will give you some ideas for making your own layout or album. If you're interested in using flip flaps to add more photos to your layouts, you can find them here.


I'm sharing these layouts with the following challenges:
All Sorts #337 - Anything but a card
Craft Your Passion #288 - anything goes
Fantabulous Cricut #264 - anything goes
Fussy and Fancy #152 - Thankful
Lasting Memories #268 - Thankful inspiration photo
Not Just Cards #26 - anything goes
Shopping our Stash #228 - Thank you or Thanksgiving

Here are the other two layouts that I made using the CTMH Sangria Workshop on the Go. The first is our vacation with family last year to Colorado. The second is my milestone birthday (65!???) celebrating with family at Overland Park Arboretum. Since I didn't make up these layouts, I'm not entering these in the challenges.



10 comments:

Chana Malkah said...

These are fabulous! Great Continuity and lovely composition! Thanks for playing along at Shopping Our Stash!
Hugz,
Chana, DT

Wendy L said...

This is a fab idea, thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week, xxx

Karen Wilson said...

Oh wow, these are gorgeous! I just purchased that paper pack as well! Inspiring! Thank you for joining us at Lasting Memories!

Helene Ericsson said...

Wonderful project! Thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts this week and good luck in the challenge.

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

What beautiful pages and pictures. Love the papers you used.

DIANA L. said...

What a super layout!!!
Thank you for joining Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Anything Goes. Have a blessed day
DIANA L.

DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
DL.ART
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com
Fantabulous Cricut DT member DIANA L.

Kristina B. said...

Great layouts! Thank you for joining us at FCCB

Unknown said...

Beautiful layouts!! I can't wait to get my hands on this paper pack!!! Thanks for playing at FCCB!

Tina Campbell said...

Beautiful layouts love CTMH kits like this myself to use :) My family gets together on Christmas Eve has been a tradition since I can remember and after my Mom passes on us kids still get together as a family, I think your kids will be carrying on that same tradition that you have going on :) Thanks for playing along with Lasting Memories
Tina
LMDT

Inkypinkydelights said...

Lovely layouts. Thanks for sharing at Fussy & Fancy Friday and good luck with the challenge. Judy DT