Sunday, September 15, 2013

Artbooking Blog Hop - Stampers with an Attitude



Welcome to our fun Stampers with an Attitude Blog Hop. Today we are highlighting the fabulous Close To My Heart Cricut Artbooking cartridge. You may have come here from Angela Garcia's blog.

I made a Heritage Layout using the Frosted paper pack and several keys on the Artbooking cartridge. My brother was born on Christmas Eve. I used to feel that he might not feel special since we were all celebrating Christmas, too, but I had some photos of him that definitely showed his enjoyment.



I used the layout on page 86. I love the overlays, but this time for the background I just wanted to use the snowflake papers from Frosted Paper Pack cut at the same size. I really love the way that you can set the size dial at 11" and each of the elements will cut to fit the page without struggling to figure out what size it should be. Here are the elements from that page that I used:




Here are details about the left page:
---Another change I made was for the main photo on the left page. Instead of having a large horizontal 5" x 7" photo, I just made the Sorbet mat that size and a 5" x 3.5" vertical photo. My typed journaling strips fit beside that smaller photo. The Chocolate mat had a star and I used a small scrap of Crème Brulee cardstock to fit behind that star.
---I made a Juniper banner for the title. I made each of the words in the title "happy" and "Birthday" a different color and added "Christmas Eve" using the Keyboard Kraft Alphabet. I wanted the Cricut words to have shadows so I cut Chocolate words the same size and slightly offset them under the Sorbet and Ruby words.
---I cut the gifts in Chocolate. The background of the gifts were cut in four different colors, cut apart to adhered behind the specific gifts,  and the pieces I didn't use I filed for future use.
---I added two knotted retired ribbons above the title which seemed to tie everything together.



Details about the right page:
---My photos weren't 4" x 4," so I used the Real Dial Size to cut the two chocolate frames that were originally for 5" x 7" photos. I made my own Sorbet frames simply using my paper cutter, making them 1/4" thick. they were given ribbon "tabs" to match the ribbon on the left page.
---I also tied the photos together using the circular "December" piece from page 57 at Real Dial Size 3," with a 3" chocolate mat, from page  63, cutting the numbers "24" with Real Dial Size 3/4."



---The last detail from the right page is the colorful arrow-type shape I used to focus attention on the birthday cake photo of my little brother. Once again I used 4 different colors of cardstock and used mix and match to connect them together. These were cut from page 38, <1>.




If you've gone through the entire blog hop, I hope you've enjoyed seeing the possibilities of this great cartridge. I hope my layout also inspired you to consider using it for heritage photos. I recently made an album about the life of  my husband's 90 year old aunt. I made it in 3 days incorporating much of the Artbooking cartridge (but had no time for photos of pages). The layout designs and elements on each page of the Artbooking guide made it really quick to scrapbook!

If you don't have this cartridge, you should know that it comes with 3 stamp sets that match many of the elements on the cartridge and 3 sets of matching chipboard shapes. You can only get the cartridge set from a Close To My Heart consultant. I hope you'll consider getting this cartridge from me here. If you do, I will send you a thank you stamp set which you can choose from me after your order.



I hope you enjoyed our creations! I'm the last one on the blog hop. If you missed the beginning and you'd like to continue by going back to the first one, please go to Pamela O'Connor's blog.


I'm sharing this project with the following challenges:
4 Krafty Girlz Challenge #1 - Anything Goes
Alphabet Challenge  - P for Paper Piecing (gifts and arrows)
Charisma Cardz Challenge #36 - use Numbers on any papercraft
Creative Moments #25 - Birthday Anything Goes
Gingerloft Challenge - Anything But a Card
Inspire Me Fridays #120 - Anything Goes
Jellypark Challenges - All About the Kids
Oldie But A Goody - Spots and Stripes (gifts have both and old retired ribbon has red/brown stripes)
Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge #144 - Anything Goes
Totally Papercrafts #184 - Birthday Boys
 

15 comments:

Melinda Everitt said...

Loving all of the colors and the pictures. They go so well with the Frosted paper pack. Great job!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful LO, love the photo's and lovely colors. Thank you for joining us this fortnight at 4 Krafty Girlz. Abbie xx

Basslady said...

your LO is so fantastic and creative! lovely!!!!


thanks so much for playing along with us at Alphabet Challenge!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Marie Richardson said...

I absolutely love this LO hun its fab, thanks for joining us this week at Charisma Cardz, good luck with the challenge.
Hugs
Marie (DT member for Charisma Cardz)
xxxx

Susan Hogan said...

What a lovely set of scrap pages and the layout is clean and fun and so suitable for your gorgeous subject. Thanks for sharing with us at Gingerloft for our current challenge - not a card.

Pat K said...

A great layout for the birthday boy.
Thanks for playing along with us at TPC. Pat K x

Sheila Bennett said...

Cute! Really like the stack of presents.

Kraftyscot (Donna) said...

Lovely and creative....thanks so much for joining us over at Creative Moments!
Hugs Donna DT xx

Unknown said...

I really like this scrapbook project page. I recently received the Artbooking cartridge from CTMH and have started a wedding scrapbook for a friend. I really like that you took the 11" cut outs and made them for a 12x12 layout. I will use more of that for the scrapbook. Thanks for sharing your ideas and tips.

Unknown said...

I really like this scrapbook project page. I recently received the Artbooking cartridge from CTMH and have started a wedding scrapbook for a friend. I really like that you took the 11" cut outs and made them for a 12x12 layout. I will use more of that for the scrapbook. Thanks for sharing your ideas and tips.

Cazro said...

A very interesting LO, gives lots of instant information. Beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenges. Caz

Sarah said...

Fab layout, love your colours and journaling, thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz, hugs, Sarah x

inkydoodlecrafts said...

What a fab page you've created, I really need to get back into scrapbooking. Thank you for sharing with us over at Jellypark Friends. Mel :o)

Chris said...

great scrap book layouts, they make such wonderful memory keepers. thanks for playing with us at Jellypark Friends.

Esperite said...

Gorgeous, thanks for joining us at Gingerloft, Lynne DT xxx