Monday, June 24, 2013

Mojo Monday 299 with Asian Plant

This weekend we helped my son, his wife, and their 5-year-old move into their new house. They had been living with her mother for about a year, saving money to get their own house. I used the Mojo Monday sketch for this week to make them a congratulations card. I could have used house images, but as I carried home décor that had been left in storage, I talked with them about getting to use their lovely Asian décor again. I had the perfect image from Clearly Digi Stamps.

Here's the fun sketch #299 from Mojo Monday. I used a 5" square card.




First, I had selected papers to match the inspiration photo at The Ribbon Reel challenge for this week: the juniper and crème brulee papers from two older CTMH packets and a pink ribbon from my stash.  My yellow was softer than my inspiration photo from The Ribbon Reel, but it's still a yellow.




Then, I combined one of the many sentiments from Clearly Digi Stamps', "Coffee Cup Greetings"  with the "Asian Plants" image. I used the colored digi and it matched my papers perfectly. The Plum Blossoms embossing folder added more Asian flair although my flower wasn't quite so Asian, but looked better than smaller ones. The juniper (aqua) paper was cut with Spellbinders Nestabilities "Lacey Circles."

I'm sharing this card with the following challenges:
Catered Crop - Die cuts and punches
Digi Makeover #94 - All tied up - used ribbon
Incy Wincy Designs - Tic Tac Toe (my diagonal: 2 stamps, emboss it, frame it)
Mojo Monday #299 - sketch
No Matter Which #10 - Bingo choice from each column: Ribbons, pearls and flowers, bows
Really Reasonable Ribbon #74 - dots and ribbon
That Craft Place - Flowers
The Ribbon Reel #56 - Candy colors

And for my friends who know our family, here is the lucky, exhausted family with their new house:





 

2 comments:

Pauline said...

So pretty Vicky, love the pearls and pretty image.
Thanks for joining us at TRR this week!

TLC DESIGNS, LLC said...

Vicki, this project is stunning and the shading behind the tree is beautiful! Great inspiration! Thanks so much for joining us at the Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge!
Hugs,
Tammy Louise
DT