Tuesday, February 5, 2013

PSC65 - The Color of Love

This week at The Perfect Sentiments we have the perfect challenge for those who like to make Valentines or other types of cards with loving sentiments and elements. My card is a Valentine but you could easily make a wedding or anniversary card with this theme and these colors:

CREATE A CARD WITH A SENTIMENT OF LOVE OR ANYTHING APPROPRIATE FOR VALENTINE'S DAY. USE RED AND WHITE FOR YOUR COLOR SCHEME.



Robyn's Fetish is our sponsor this week and there is a terrific prize for one lucky person: 5 free digis! The cute image and sentiment I used on this card are from Robyn's Fetish.


My layout was inspired by Sketch #196 at The Sweet Stop:



Most of the details in constructing this card are obvious. I used Martha Stewart dp with little hearts and embossed the white cs with a Sizzix Swirly Vines with Hearts embossing folder. I thought that embossing would go well with the swirly tales of those cute cats.

My banner is a little different. I think it's fun to use something old in a new way. I have some very old Making Memories Page Pebbles rectangles that I thought would make great additions to the banner. They were just the right size. I matted the white rectangles on red cardstock and folded them not quite in half. Then I stamped the letters using Close To My Heart's Bingo Alphabet, covered the front with the page pebbles and cut the fishtale shape in all three layers at once. I applied a glue dot near the center inside the fold, layed the baker's twine at the fold, and folded it down. After attaching the baker's twine to the back of the red panel, I tied small bows of twine at each end.

I'm sharing this card with the following challenges:
AllSorts #192 - Let's Get Cute
Inky Chicks #3 - Anniversary or Valentines Card
Ribbon Carousel Challenge #77 - Love is in the Air (with spooled item - baker's twine)
The Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge #196 - sketch
Tuesday Throwdown #133 - Heart Strings (heart button, heart paper, heart embossing and baker's twine)
This card was chosen :


 Thanks for visiting and I hope you'll join our red and white love challenge this week with your own lovely card.

10 comments:

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Really cute card, love the layout & the bunting looks fab!
Hugs Shell xx

Craftnut said...

Thanks for joining us at allsorts Tracy x

Peanut said...

Those kitties are tooo adorable! Great colour combo and that heart button is just purrfect! Thanks for entering our Heart Strings challenge. We look forward to seeing you again next week …x
Asha - Tuesday Throwdown DT
Sunny Summer Crafts

Craftnut said...

Hi, thanks for joining us at allsorts Tracy x

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a SWEET card Vickie. Love the darling image, the red and white together... the banner looks great. Using the pebbles was a fabulous idea. Thank you for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop this week.

Paula Bee said...

What a sweet card! The image is adorable and the sentiment fits it so perfectly!!

Unknown said...

Oh, this is so sweet! I love that image! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sweet Stop!

Crafting Vicky said...

This is really a beautiful card. I love the use of the banner!

Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky

Margaret said...

Such an adorable image and I love your cute layout.

stampingtink said...

This is so stinkin cute! Love the reds and whites and the banner is so much fun! Thanks so much for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown and I hope you'll be back for our next challenge!

Hugs,

Susan, TT DT