Tuesday, January 29, 2013

PSC64 with Mojo Monday Sketch

This week at The Perfect Sentiment Challenge #64, the challenge is :

Anything Goes with a Die Cut and Sentiment on the front.

Here's more explanation from Jennipher: "GET OUT YOUR CRICUTS, SIZZIX, SPELLBINDERS, CUTTLEBUGS, ETC. CREATE A CARD FOR THE OCCASION OF YOUR CHOICE . YOU MUST INCLUDE A DIE CUT AND A SENTIMENT ON THE FRONT.



Our sponsor this week is Bugaboo, who is providing a prize of 7 free digis to one lucky winner! I used one of their digis called "Thoughts and Prayers Block" along with this week's Mojo Monday sketch for circle or square week.



I used two square-type dies from Spellbinders for the white digi and it's red mat. The large outer diecut was made on the Cricut using Art Philosophy Accent 1 Square 2. My tip for cutting this border is to make it 1/4" larger than your base. In this case I used 6" for the border and 5.75" for the card so it would fit into a 6" envelope. (Making the red outer border the same size lets the orange paper show too much. If it's too big, more than 1/4", it leaves empty spaces in the little holes.)

I colored the Bugaboo image like some fresias I once grew in my garden. I used a bow on the right side where the sketch had an added border. The ribbon shapes on the bottom are from Basic Grey's "Lemonade." I matted them in green for contrast so they'd show up.

My hubbie and I have several relatives that are in need of prayer and encouragement due to serious health issues. I was hoping this card would brightly cheer one of them. I decided to try using the outer piece left from the die cut to decorate the inside instead of throwing it away. I added a verse from Clearly Digital Stamps:


You don't have to use this many die cuts, but I had fun layering them. I hope you'll dust off your die cuts if you haven't used them lately and join our challenge!

I'm sharing this card with the following challenges:
Mojo Monday #278 - square sketch
Crafty Sentiments Designs - buttons and bows
Die Cuttin' Divas #100 - Anything Goes (my die cuts are listed in recipe)
Top Tip Tuesday #94 - Lavishly Luscious Layers (tip about cutting border)
Use It Tuesday #48 -  Use Red, Orange, and Yellow - hoarded supplies are my Basic Grey "Lemonade" paper (red and strips) and "Marrakech" (green) from 2009

6" Square Card Recipe:
Paper - Basic Grey Lemonade and Marrakech; Close To My Heart "Clementine" orange sorbet pattern
Digital Image - Bugaboo "Thoughts and Prayers Block"
Markers - CTMH Alcohol Ink Smoothee, Honey, Olive
Accents - 3/4" White organdy from stash; CTMH Clementine fabric flower and button
Tools - Spellbinders Nestabilities Scalloped Square and Decorative Labels One; Cricut Art Philosophy; printer

8 comments:

Paula Bee said...

This is such a lovely card with such beautiful papers!

Nicole said...

Gorgeous card. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Use It Tuesday!

Elaine Stark said...

This is lovely, great sentiment and beautiful image. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

rachel said...

such a pretty card - really love the rich colours and the image is lovely - thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this time and good luck xx

Gerda said...

What a gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
Gerda
http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

Heather B said...

I LOVE how you colored those flowers!! Looks great. You rocked the Mojo sketch too. Thanks so much for playing with us at Use It Tuesday!!

Annette said...

Fab card. I love the fancy border.
Annette
Netty's Cards
Proud to design for Top Tip Tuesday.
xx


Manderly said...

Beautiful, so beautiful. I find images that are just flowers so hard to do, but I tell you, yours is very lovely. Goes so well with the verses. Well done! Thank you so very much for entering our Crafty Sentiments buttons and bows challenge this week. Hope to be seeing you again soon!
Manderly
xxxooo