Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Perfect Peace for Mojo 265

Today I woke up with a sudden urge to pray for those affected by hurricane Sandy. I'm praying for their safety, strength and peace. I chose a verse for this card that I have often played in my mind over and over through the years when trials would come that threatened my usual laid-back personality. The focus of this verse is the part about trust, trusting God to carry you through the storm. There are so many things in this life that we have no control over. Sometimes it seems like circumstances will defeat and destroy us. I've had more than my fair share of those circumstances in my 60+ years. But the years have taught me that "this too shall pass." Trusting God to take care of the details and to lead us in what we should do during trials is what this verse is about. A companion verse to that is "casting all your care upon Him for He careth for you." Knowing He's a loving God is a part of that trust. Visualizing taking off your burden and placing it into His hands has also helped me many times to get to that place of trust and peace.

I hope the verse on this card will encourage someone in the same way it has encouraged me over the years.


This verse is one of the Clearly Digi Stamps in a collection called Scriptures of  Peace from Clear Dollar Stamps. They introduce a new set of Scripture each month for only about $3.00. I love using the beautiful word art on my projects. I also love using Mojo Monday sketches. Here is the sketch I used for this week, their round or square challenge.

 
This sketch was perfect for a square die cut I've been wanting to use from the Cricut Artiste cartridge. It's Accent 4 with the "Family" key, p. 60, cut at 3.75" I also considered the Bingo challenge #211 at Everybody Art when I made this card. I chose the diagonal for Flowers, Lace and Ribbon, which also went with the Dutch Dare challenge:
 
 
 
I'm sharing this card with the following challenges:
Die Cuttin Divas #89 - Anything Goes (my cocoa Artiste die cut square)
Dutch Dare #188 - ribbons and lace
Everybody Art Challenge #211 - Bingo (flowers, Lace, ribbon)
Love to Create Challenge #39 - Lots of Layers (6)
Shopping Our Stash Weekly Challenge #75 - 3D flowers (I've had the white ones a long time)
 
May God help you find peace in Him when you encounter trials in this life.
 
6" x 6" Encouragement card recipe:
Paper - Prima "Madeline" collection ; CTMH Cocoa and White Daisy cardstock, Core'dinations dark red cardstock
Image - Clear Dollar Stamps: Clearly Digi Stamps "Scriptures of Peace"
Accents - Prima flower,  Recollections pearls, Making Memories lace, red grosgrain ribbon from stash, unknown white roses from my stash
Tools - printer, Cricut Artiste, Stampin up ticket corner punch, pop dots
 
 
 
 
 

9 comments:

Wendy L said...

Lovely card and aheartfel sentiment, thanks for joining us at Love to Create. xxx

Mommy's Crafty Creations said...

Beautiful card!! Thank you for joining our DCD challenge.

Veronica DCD

Cat Craig said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cat Craig said...

Typo...pretty card.

Deanne Saunders said...

Gorgeous card!!! Thanks for participating in our LOVE TO CREATE challenge!!
~DEANNE~

Unknown said...

Beautiful card and I love that sentiment!!Thanks for sharing with us at Love to Create Challenge!
Z

Jackie Randolph said...

Beautiful!! Gorgeous sentiment! Thanks for joining us this week at Love to Create Challenge.
"hugs"
Jacki - LTC

Deena said...

Thanks for joining in the Shopping our Stash 3-d flower challenge this week! This is a very pretty card and I love the background lattice for the sentiment!

Unknown said...

Your cards are fabulous Vickie well done Hugs Elaine