Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Perfect Sentiments Challenge 38 Here Comes the Sun



This week PSC38 is Here Comes The Sun. As I'm writing this we have a heat index of 105 degrees outside my house, definitely a sunny day!  Since this is the first full week of summer here, this is the perfect challenge!

The challenge this week: create a card with a sunny sentiment like: you are my sunshine, wishing you sunny days, you shine, etc.
The twist: include an image of the sun on your card. The sponsor this week is  Pattie's Creations.



My patterned paper for paper piecing my sun was inspired by the tiny prints in the  sunburst quilt at the Inspired By challenge:



I embossed the light blue background to represent the radiating heat. If you've traveled somewhere hot I bet you've seen that rising from the road. I used a sunshine stamp that was just one fourth of the sun, so I stamped the yellow sun four times on yellow cardstock. I wanted the smaller rays made from orange patterned paper with a tiny pattern like the ones in the quilt photo, but I didn't have what I wanted. So I stamped it again four times on pink patterned paper with the yellow ink, making it orangish. Then I paper pieced it. The really fun part was lining up my 2" circle die to cut out the center of the sun, the cardstock and the front of the card. The sentiment and banner were also part of that stamp set. I finished it with yellow, orange and pink baker's twines tied together.

These sunny sentiments are great for many different occassions. I hope you'll enjoy playing along with our challenge at Perfect Sentiments. May God bless you with sunshine in your life today.

"For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord will give grace and glory. No good thing will He withhold from them that walk uprightly." Psalm 84:11

Other challenges for this card:

Deep Ocean Challenge #28 - Welcome Summer
Inspired By #29 - a sunburst quilt
Pause, Dream, Enjoy Challenge #25 - 3 of anything (3 different stamps and 3 baker's twines, yellow, orange, pink)


5.5" x 4.25" Card Recipe:
Paper - Close To My Heart "Sophia," Sunkiss Yellow, Sky, White Daisy cardstock
Stamps - CTMH "Splendid Day"
Ink - CTMH Sunkiss Yellow, Black
Accents and Tools - Cuttlebug "Divine Swirls" embossing folder, Bazzill button, Spellbinders Nestabilities Circles die, CTMH Paradise Assortment Baker's twine, crochet thread

12 comments:

Laurel said...

This is such a happy card, I love your sun! Thanks for playing along at Inspired By!

Cat's sCrap said...

I like ! Very original design ! Your sun is fantastic ! Wonderful embossing. Simple and clean style as I like ! Bravo ! Everything is perfect ! Continues like that !!!

Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week.

Hugs from France.
Catherine.

jan farnworth said...

love your colors and the whole feel of your card nicely done.

Unknown said...

The quilt is certainly a wonderful inspiration! I love how your rays are shown on this, bright cheerful colors!! A wonderful creation!

Janis Lewis said...

This is beautiful! What a great sun with the button in the middle - and great sentiment! I love this. Thank you so much for playing with us at Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges. I'd love it if you'd pop over to my other challenge blog and play along with us there too at Paper Playtime. :) Janis http://paperplaytime.blogspot.com/

mandy said...

Lovely card Hun the embossing looks fab !!

Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz Challenge

Hugs Mandy xxx

Jennipher said...

This is just darling! It has been a real pleasure having you design with us this month at The Perfect Sentiment. Thanks for giving it your all and sharing your time and talent. We would be honored to have you design with us again any time!

Unknown said...

How wonderful! Love the layers and the button in the center of your sunshine is just perfect!

krcmasterpiece said...

Quilt patterns inspire me too! I love using them for ideas. Your embossed background really pops with the sun embellishment.

Thanks for being our guest this month @ The Perfect Sentiments.

Margaret said...

Love the card and your layers. Great sentiment and layout. So glad that you joined us as GDT for June. You're such an inspiration.

JenMarie said...

So pretty and summery!!

The EmBellished Card - Belinda said...

I think your sun is very clever. Thanks for playing along @ Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges.
Blessings,
Belinda
http://theembellishedcard.blogspot.com