Sunday, May 6, 2012

Miss You So Much for Operation Write Home

Today (Saturday) was National Scrapbook Day, so Friday and Saturday this week were devoted to scrapbooking with friends and lots of phone calls with friends. My hubby was mostly ignored, but he knows how much I love him and we're both OK with the brief times we're separated for our individual responsibilities or hobbies. Tonight as he was planning a business trip, I thought about the service men and women who have long, difficult separations and wanted to make cards for them to use to write home. I used the Operation Write Home sketch #119 and made an extra to put in my own hubby's laptop computer bag so he can open a note from home when he goes on his brief trip.



Paper - Basic Grey "Origins;" Close To My Heart Colonial White, Kraft cardstock
Stamps - Technique Tuesday sentiment, CTMH "Cherished Flourishes"
Ink - CTMH Cocoa, Olive
Other - circle and scallop punches, Cuttlebug embossing folder

1 comment:

Penny L. said...

Hi there! I'm just looking back at past sketches, since I'm new to OWH, and saw yours. Very nice! I like how you did the embossing at the top with some inking to help it "pop". Also like how you carried over the vine/leaf print to the circle sentiment. Very nice! TFS!