Monday, April 16, 2012

Clean and Simple Sketch for Mother's Day

This is my second card today using the Stella paper pack from Close To My Heart with the Lagoon dotted paper in the pack Dotty For You. These colors, Sunset and Lagoon, are opposites on the Color Wheel, which is part of the challenge this week from CAS-ual Fridays, Opposites Attract. I don't often make Clean and Simple cards, but I'm trying to learn.



They really do go well together, especially on white with black accents. The sparkles are also a turquoise color, but look more blue in this photo.

I used the CAS166 sketch on Splitcoast Stampers today. The frame is one I had left over from a set I used to make Halloween layouts last fall. It's black foam that is self adhesive, lightweight and very easy to use. I'm putting this card in Sentimental Sundays challenge - Frame It. I wanted it to partially hide one of my hearts, which were stamps from three different old sets.  The turquoise dotted strip was scored from the left at 1", 1.5," 2.5," 3," 3.5" and 4" then pleated.

3 comments:

Michele Gross said...

Fabulous design! I love the hearts in and out of the black frame :) Glad you joined us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Lisa Elton said...

I completely agree with Michele! And i just love the frame!!

Laura Davis said...

Darling!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura