Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Non-traditional Christmas Colors

Christmas Challenges with sketch #17 was my inspiration for this first card:



I thought the color palette from CRE84FN was bright and cheery for a snowy Christmas Card and the orange-definitely not a traditional Christmas color. I used 2 retired papers from Close To My Heart (blue and orange) and the yellow was Basic Grey from "Nook and Pantry."


My second card is black and white, suggested by another Christmas Card Challenge - Crimbo Crackers. I always think black and white are classy so I challenged myself to find one of my stamp sets that could be interpreted that way. The sleigh with music pattern was my choice along with a scrap of white I had previously embossed with snowflakes and the black and white dots with text in the dots reminded me of snow.


All of the stamps I used on these projects were from Close To My Heart.

4 comments:

Zw@@n said...

Wow Vickie, what a gorgeous card. Loooooove the colours. Super! Thanks for joining Christmas Challenges {with sketches}.
Regarding the sketch, please make a link to this post instead of placing the sketch on your own blog. If someone wants to join us they can find the sketch here and get inspired by the cards of our DT members ....
Love, Wilma

Mona Pendleton said...

Both of these cards are wonderful Vickie! Super cute snowman and love the rhinestone studded snowflakes! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

Deborah Frings said...

Absolutely adore that cute snowman and the colours work brilliantly! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

Tip Top said...

Wonderful!! Thank you for joining in at Crimbo Crackers – hope you can join me again for the next challenge! Crimbo Crackers