Monday, December 19, 2011

Prince of Peace

Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge 120 asked us to show an image or sentiment that gives the real meaning of Christmas. I chose this verse from Isaiah 9:6 that tells more about who is that Baby Jesus born in a manger. I used the sketch #124 from Pals Paper Arts for this card. The sentiment I wanted to use was a little too wide to put the circular feature on top, so naturally, it went under. The Colonial White paper I stamped it on was a little too plain, so I distressed it with Tim Holtz's Old Paper Distress Ink.




Supplies Used:
Paper - Recollections Naughty or Nice, CTMH Black and Colonial White
Stamps - CTMH Everlasting Life, A Holiday (holly border)
Ink - CTMH New England Ivy, tulip marker; Tim Holtz Old Paper, Memento Black
Accessories: 2.5" circle punch for wreath paper, Bow-Easy and red ribbon from Michaels




3 comments:

Pretty Paper Junkie said...

That DP behind the paper looks like brick. This is a fabulous card.

Nina Dee said...

Fabulous card! This background paper is gorgeous! Thanks for playing at Pals Paper Arts! :)

Traci M said...

This is so beautiful, I love you chose a verse that maginifies Christ...it always gives me goose bumps reading this verse. Thanks for joining us this week at SSIC, and Merry Christmas!!