Saturday, December 31, 2011

Home for the Holidays

Last week Our Creative Corner had a challenge called Home for the Holidays that inspired this card. They wanted you to use something about Christmas at your own house to inspire a card--and add glimmer and sparkle. I was interrupted while making it and didn't get to enter it in their challenge, but that's OK. My real intention is to have a head start on cards for Christmas next year while some of the stamps I have are still fresh in my mind. I had already stamped the wintery home and colored it with Watercolor Pencils and blender pen. The image reminds me of our rural home and the snow we had last Christmas. (This year I stood without a coat at my old high school's parking lot taking photos of my younger grandson learning to ride his new bike. It was so warm!)



I used a sketch from Craft Your Passion Challenge #90 to put the rest of the card together. Since I put Stickles on the stamped image, I added them to the snowflakes and the circle shape. I wish the photo would better show the dark green Bazzil paper's color and texture better as well as the antique copper brads that match the brown of the woodgrain dp.


Blog Challenges Entered:
Craft Your Passion - Sketch - Challenge #90
Make it Monday - Challenge # 70Anything Goes

Materials Used:
Paper - My Mind's Eye "Stella and Rose - Mabel" (dots and wood); CTMH Cranberry and Colonial White CS; Bazzil green textured CS
Stamp - CTMH "Snow Days"
Ink - Brown Staz-On
Other - CTMH Watercolor Pencils, Antique Copper Brads, Blender Pen; Stickles, EK Success punch, Martha Stewart snowflake punch, Stickles

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card Vickie..lovely little house and love all the sparkle...very pretty.
Happy New Year and thanks for sharing at Make it Monday...

Luv CHRISSYxx

Bettina L. said...

Such goegeous home for the holidays card. Love the design with the house image and the snowflakes. Saw it on MIM and had to come in for a closer look. So glad I did. TFS. Bettina xx