Friday, December 16, 2011

Christmas Layouts

Because I teach scrapbook workshops, I'm always a year behind scrapbooking holidays. If I used this year's paper to scrapbook this year's photos, I wouldn't be able to make layouts ahead next fall for the upcoming holiday. Such is my reasoning. Oh, well. It at least gives me perspective and has me choose only the best photos from the hodgepodge. The downside is that journaling details are harder to recall.  Here are the layouts we did in our Lawson scrapbook club. My photos are of the grandkids in 2010 using the 2011 CTMH Believe paper pack. The first four pages used the matching Stickease--so fast and easy! Since they are thicker than regular stickers, I like to pop dot most of them to add dimension. We also added some red and green sparkles.



The layout above was my favorite. We cut the topiary background paper using the Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge for the first page and set the smaller photos at an angle. I love that look! And we didn't know last year, but John and Sydney wore outfits that matched the Sky blue paper in this paper pack. How lucky! It's too bad the sun is so bright today, making a glare on the glossy photos, but you get the idea. The photos are 5" x 7" and 2" x 2." I'll add the next four pages later.




No comments: