Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Freshly Made Sketch cards

Today's cards used both the Freshly Made Sketches design for today and the palette from Color Throwdown challenge 162.

 I used the CTMH equivalents of the colors, which are Breeze (retired), Buttercup, Brown Bag, and Cocoa.


I used this design to create a card for two new parents and their 3 month old baby boy who are my "Baby Grace" buddies. I plan to call, encourage, and pray for them along with sending them cards of encouragement.




I thought this design would also be perfect to highlight the dry embossed design on the "Bird Call" Cuttlebug embossing folder. I lightly sponged the raised portion with Brown Bag ink to highlight the image, but it does give it a shabbier appearance when inked. I needed this to be a "male" thank you card for my friend's husband who baked a birthday cake for me and Trish to share yesterday. He often bakes amazing desserts so the sentiment fits perfectly: "Once again, like so many times before, your generosity astounds."


Baby Love 5.5" x 4.25" card supplies:
Paper - Cocoa, Buttercup, Brown Bag, White Daisy CS, Breeze Paisley B&T (retired)
Stamp - B1368 Baby Love
Ink - Cocoa
Accessories - Cream Soda floss (WeR Memory Keepers), felt button (Making Memories), Heart Blocks embossing folder (Provo Craft Cuttlebug)

Bird Call 5.5" x 4.25" Thank you card materials:
Paper - Cocoa, Breeze, Buttercup, Brown Bag, White Daisy CS
Stamp - D1444 A Little Thanks
Ink - Brown Bag, Cocoa
Accessories - Cocoa grosgrain ribbon, Bird Call embossing folder (Provo Craft Cuttlebug)

1 comment:

Linda Callahan said...

These are so pretty! I love the sweet little image of the boy and his dog! So glad you joined us at Freshly Made Sketches!