Monday, September 12, 2011

Something Old, Something New

I decided that a goal I have for this fall is to use up "old" patterned paper and cardstock scraps while using the Cricut Art Philosophy shapes. The last two days I worked on cards and layouts. I had donated baby pinks and heavenly blues to our church to use for the Baby Grace project. They are making personalized poems for each baby of a young mother. I had wanted to join them to decorate the framed poems, but my stomach said "no." So I sent my husband to deliver the pink and blue papers and embellishments. By evening I was eager to make cards with the amethyst papers that were left in the packages. I made multiples of this card because I seem to need a lot of "Thinking of You" cards lately.


The 5' x 6.5" card used the amethyst paisley and hydrangea cs mat, both retired CTMH products. The pattern was loosly based on Originals, "Terrific Triplets" on p. 86. I used the 3x4 amethyst cs mat, but added a Cricut "rectangle 7" in white, 2.75", and with a hyndrangea "Decorative Frame" the same size.

The next two cards are completely "new." This one uses the CTMH Sonoma patterned papers and is based on the Mojo Monday sketch 205. The Petal colored scalloped circle was punched with the CTMH 2" scallop circle. The title mat is one of the shapes and stamps that go together in the Cricut Art Philosophy set. The background stamp used Bamboo ink and the sentiment used Gypsy ink.


The last card, a 4.5" circle card, was made with CTMH Roxie patterned paper, a ribbon rose and a large square sparkle. The scalloped frame was made on the Cricut using Art Philosophy. So quick and easy!



No comments: